Stemcell Collagen Ampoule
Sale Sold out
Regular price $98.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
- PROMOTION: BUY 1 GET 2 & 1 PREMIUM COLLAGEN
- What is Collagen?
- Collagen is a protein that holds the skin, bones, muscles and tissues of our body together. Collagen, along with elastin (another skin protein) is what keeps skin firm and prevents fine lines and wrinkles. As we age, however, levels of collagen decrease in our bodies.
- In terms of what collagen does for our skin, it’s important to understand that as collagen diminishes, skin begins to sag, lose firmness, and wrinkles become more noticeable. In short, collagen is what keeps the skin looking young, firm, and plump.
- What Causes Collagen Loss?
- Collagen loss happens as we age. In women, collagen loss becomes more significant during menopause.
- The sun can also play a major role in collagen loss. As exposure to ultraviolet light (UV) breaks down collagen and elastin fibers which can lead to wrinkles. This is one of the biggest reasons why it’s important to wear a minimum of an SPF 30 sunblock when you’re outside.